Monday, January 30, 2017

***Tea Cozy***

Tea Cozy & Tea Pot
Wet-felted tea cozy with needle-felted cardinals and teapot.

Teapot
I found this cute teapot to give as a Christmas gift to my son's mother-in-law. She loves cardinals so, of course, I had to make a felted tea cozy with red cardinals.


Wet-felted tea cozy with needle felted red cardinal
To make the tea cozy I used the same resist process as seen in my felted vase blog post:

http://lisasfeltedart.blogspot.com/2013/03/felted-vase.html

After making the felted cozy, I added a handle on top using wet-felted wool. Once the cozy was dry, I needle-felted a red cardinal on each side.

Wet-felted tea cozy with needle felted red cardinal
Here is the cardinal on the other side of the cozy.


End view of tea cozy
Here is the end view of the tea cozy.



Tea cozy & teapot
There is nothing like a tea cozy to keep your pot of tea nice and warm. ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment