Tuesday, January 29, 2013

* Sunflower Scarf/Shawl *

I had an inspiration this last weekend...a scarf design inspired by one of Vincent Van Gogh's "Sunflowers" still-life paintings. I designed the scarf to also be worn as a shawl.



I love sunflowers...they always bring a smile to my face. One summer I planted some in the front yard. A praying mantis decided to make its home among the tall stalks, camouflaged against the green. Each day it would venture out onto the yellow and brown flower heads to soak up some sun.

I just happened to pick out some nice roving in sunflower colors at The YarnBasket last week, so I was ready to start my next welt-felting project.

 

I used the darker green for the first layer and then the lighter green for the second layer.
 

Then I added some nice sunflowers...



After completing the wet-felting process, I re-shaped the scraf/shawl and set it out to dry.


I'm happy with the way it turned out...
 
 




Thank you for viewing my blog. : )

3 comments: